Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Monday, October 03, 2005

What a day!

Back in my hotel in Blackpool I have now been up for 21 hours. I have just played my part in helping to communicate details of a £7 billion retail merger. That and driving about 500 miles today have left me somewhat jaded.

My tiredeness disappeared after a couple of diet cokes in the Imperial. It was good to be able to have a few words with Iain Dale CoS to David Davis, and to see Davis meeting and greeting the party faithful. Davis has something you can't learn - leadership presence - and he certainly seemed master of his domain tonight.

The cabbie on the way in said he thought Sir Malcolm had made a good speech - although he did say he thought Davis would be good for the party as "he's an ordinary bloke".

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!