Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Time to say goodbye.....



Blunkett praying for a miracle??



In the words of Mr Blunkett:-

"The pressure is not continuing.

"The prime minister has made his decision and, no matter what the Conservative Party want, I am not resigning.

"This is a straight political battle with the Conservative Party and their allies in the media, and decency. "I have done nothing wrong at any stage. I have been transparent about everything I have done."


In the words of senior Labour MP Ian Gibson:-

"If it was me I would feel so compromised I wouldn't want to stay - I'd admit I'd made a mistake."

I can alraedy hear the words resign! resign! echoing throughout the chamber!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:31:00 pm, Blogger Mike D said…

    You know he should go. I know he should go. We all know he should go.

    But Tone seems unpersuaded.

    Has Blunkett got the negatives?

    But like you say, his next Commons appearance is going to be LOL.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:11:00 am, Blogger Serf said…

    Lets hope he takes a couple of weeks to actually go. Meanwhile DD and DC will be campaigning like the Gentlemen they are, talking about the future of this country.

    When Blunkett finally goes, it will have damaged Labour more and the public will have got a good look at the alternative.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!