Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Has the world gone mad???

Probably not - its just what we have come to expect. Rights coming before responsibilities. Apparently not allowing prisoners the right to vote breaches their human rights.

Excuse me? Human rights?

And where do the rights of their victims come into this?

What a nonsense!

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:39:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Rights before responsibiliies"...
    What are 'rights' anyway? I think they need to be redefined.
    Everyone screams about 'human rights' but what are they?
    I think human rights are different in each country - in degrees.
    Your statement begs the next question also, what are our 'responsibilites' to each other, to society and to the land, earth on which we live?!
    What a mess we have made of things.
    I agree, we have put 'rights' before responsibilities. If only there were a way to instill responsibility in people....lets see...how would grandma have done it....

     
  • At Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:05:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read "has the world gone mad" and the answer is yes, and the proof is on a youtube video I just saw where people were COMPETING in STACKING CUPS!!! That made me sure the worlds gone mad, dunno if it has anything to do with your blog but I had to vent it somewher before I exploded >.> thx for your blog \o/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!