Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

All quiet on the Parliament Front

Having got my useful 5:30am train for my London trip I eagerly awaited catching up on any gossip that may be circulating the Westminster Village.

By 8:30 I had managed to get down to London from the Midlands and was sitting in Portcullis House at the despatch box cafe (so now you know where this blog got its name) with my Americano waiting to see who I would bump into as I did a spot of work.

The only person around was George Osbourne - clearly up bright and early (someone I rate more and more as the days go by - I think Brown will have a shock!) - No once to catch up with, no huddled groups whispering leadership talk.

An unmemorable Labour Minister brezed by - and other than that nothing to report.

The greatest excitement of the day was finding out the John Grogan (MP for Selby) likes to do his shopping at Tesco Metro judging by his carrier bags. I wonder if he has ever launched a campaign against big supermarkets.........

Roll on Conference and roll on the return of Parliament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!