Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Scandals (not sandals) a plenty - and not just Lib Dems

Spurred on by my "new entry at number 19" position in Iain Dales top 25 political blogs I decided to do a little update on my time in Portcullis House today. I had a good chat with a current Labour MP who informed me that at the 97 election there was an agreement between Labour and the Tories to keep a story of a similar nature to the Oaten one out of the papers - as someone high up in both parties could have "come a cropper" (my words not theirs). My political history leaves me with absolutely no clue who they were on about, but it did intruige me.

I do wonder how many scandals are stored up for just the "right moment".

Two of my skeletons were being the second youngest candidate in the 97 election - for Jimmy Goldsmith, and also backing Lord Archers Mayoral campaign - not sure if they both equate to errors of judgement.

One good piece of judgement is getting married in 10 days time! And if you're reading this Julie - don't we have wedding songs to choose?

That will be me in the dog house again...... I probaly wont be allowed near a computer until after my honeymoon now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!