Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

The despatch box

We're you thinking what the Conservatives were thinking? Did you believe the Lib Dems were the real alternative? Is Labour moving forward not back? This blog will focus on all things political. It will be irritating, agitating and maybe just maybe it will get you thinking.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Labour chief leaving while the goings good?

A touching email has been doing the rounds from Matt Carter, General Secretary of the Labour party.

Yesterday, I announced I would be stepping down from my role as General Secretary at the end of the year.

It has been a real privilege to work as a member of staff since 1998, working alongside a fantastic group of party members, colleagues and senior stakeholders across the country.
The party has faced some real challenges in this period and every election has provided a serious test of our organisation. But at all times I have felt tremendous pride in the work of our party, its members and representatives. Through the election victories in 1997, 2001 and 2005, we have been given the opportunity to change Britain for good. It has been brilliant to be able to witness that change happening first hand.

I really want to thank you for the support you have given me in my time in the organisation. I leave the party's employment with some very happy memories. I have chosen to step down now, as it is the right time for me to take on a new challenge outside of the party organisation, but will always be committed to the party and its continuing success.
Best wishes


Matt CarterGeneral Secretary

No mention of membership down, majority cut, taxes up, unpopular leadership....... is he getting out while the goings good I wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top of the British Blogs Call me!